Monday, December 16, 2013

Lets Get Festive: The Christmas Tag


With the Big Day approaching, I thought I would give you all an insight into how I spend my Christmas with the Christmas Tag! Hope you enjoy!

 

When do you start getting excited for Christmas? 
 I start getting excited around October. All the shops and supermarkets start stocking Christmas bits, I start looking for presents around this time, and after Halloween, everything is Christmas and the Christmas carols start in the shops!

Do you still have Advent Calendars?
Yes! We usually just go with a Cadbury chocolate Advent Calendar, but this year I spoiled myself and bought the Ciate Mini Mani Month Advent Calendar! So far it has been worth it!

What are your favourite Christmas films?
Love Actually is definitely my favourite Christmas movie! It has been a favourite for years, and when it is aired on TV, you know Christmas is close! The Holiday is also a great Christmas movie. And you can’t go past the classics like The Grinch and The Santa Clause.

Do you have any funny Christmas memories?
My memory is horrible so nothing really stands out to me. The only thing I can think of in recent years is when my boyfriend’s nephews got to the age to really understand and enjoy Christmas, and how fun it was to watch them open their presents. They got so excited they started unwrapping everyone else’s and asking for more!

Talk us through your typical Christmas Day.
Christmas Eve for me usually consists of wrapping the last of the presents, doing any last minute cooking for the following day (if I am making anything), watching the Carols By Candlelight on TV, and sometimes eating yummy food! Sometimes we go to my Nan’s house, eat and watch the Carols, and sometimes we just stay at home and do last minute things.
Christmas Day starts with me waking up super early (which is rare!), waking my boyfriend up excitedly and hurrying him up so we can open presents! We sit on the floor around the tree in our pj’s, and I make him open his presents first, and then I open mine. If we are at home, we then do presents with his family. Then we eat some breakfast and get ready. If we are cooking, we stay home and get everything ready for lunch! Otherwise, we load up the car with the rest of the presents and head to wherever we are having lunch, usually my boyfriend’s sisters or my Nan’s, we take it in turns each year. We always make time to see both families, and give presents on Christmas Day.  Then after we eat lunch, we come home and relax in the evening and play with all of our new things-And eat leftovers! 

 Gingerbread House

 presents under the tree

What do you eat?
On Christmas Eve we usually have some nibbles-cheeses, dips, crackers and seafood. On Christmas Day we have lunch. Before we eat our main meal, we again have some nibbles and seafood. For the main meal we have all of the traditional Christmas foods-Turkey, ham and roast vegetables. If we are with my boyfriends family, we have the meat cold, and if we are with mine, it is a traditional roast dinner, with Roast Pork and Lamb sometimes included. For deserts, it can vary. We have Trifle, Pavlova, cheesecake, and sometimes I make a Gingerbread House. We don’t usually have a Christmas pudding as no one really eats it. 

 Leftovers!


 Nibbles last year

Do you have any traditions?
We always have the Carols playing on Christmas Eve, no matter what we are doing! We also always open our presents in our pj’s around the tree.

What are your favourite Christmas Carols?
I love many! Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree, Merry Christmas Everyone, Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer, any of the classics and the ones sung by Michael Buble! I love them all!

What was the best Christmas present you ever received?
I have had a lot of amazing presents over the years. Growing up, I was an only child so I often got a tiny bit spoilt! Some of the main ones I remember getting as a child were my Cubby House and Trampoline. There was a note a bit of string tied to the tree, leading me out to them, and I remember that being so exciting!

Real or Fake Christmas Tree?
We have a fake tree. When I was younger we had real ones a few times, but with it being Summer here at Christmas time, real tree’s in the house don’t do much good for my allergies! For a fake tree, ours does look beautiful, but you can’t go past the smell of a real one-even if it does make you sneeze! 


Hope you all have a lovely Christmas! 

xo

No comments :

Post a Comment