Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Review: Alpha H Absolute Eye Complex

Over the last few months I have completely overhauled my skincare routine and the products I use. I've never been big into skincare, until I started watching Anna's (viviannadoesmakeup) videos. My old skincare routine of the Clinique 3 Step System just working anymore, but there will be more on that in another post!

While doing my skincare product overhaul, I researched eye creams. I have never used one before, really did feel the need to as I am only 23, and I always thought they were marketed to more mature ladies for anti-aging, or were somewhat of a gimmick for things such as under eye circles and bags -ah the youthful mind of a teenager!. However, after watching a number of videos, I decided to give one a go. 



I ended up going with the Alpha H Absolute Eye Complex. Needless to say, I am so happy I have this in my routine! Its a gel consistency serum with Cucumber and Vitamin B5, amongst other things. It feels really refreshing and cooling when you put it on the skin, and the gel consistency means it's not oily and a dream to apply. 
I don't really have lines around my eyes, as I'm still quite young. I did, however, have a problem with dark circles -yes, did! This serum has helped so much with my dark circles! Honestly, they were that bad at one point that my mum asked me to go and have blood tests to see if I had any deficiencies!  I noticed the difference in colour after about a week of using this serum. I am so amazed!

At the moment I use the serum morning and night. I think if you were wearing makeup everyday, it might be a bit too tacky under eye makeup, so I would keep it for night use. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis so this is fine for me to use morning and night. I did, however, get a sample of the Origins Ginzing Eye Cream, and LOVED that! I would definitely purchase the Origins for morning use if I was to wear makeup every day, but for now, the Alpha H Absolute Eye Complex is doing it's job perfectly. 

The one thing I don't like is that for me, the pump dispenses way too much! I have to be careful not to press it down all the way otherwise I find myself wasting quite a bit of product! 

You can purchase the Alpha H Absolute Eye Complex from Cult Beauty.

Do you have a favourite eye cream? Or have you tried any other Alpha H products?

XO

No comments :

Post a Comment